HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- TriCharity websites – any websites operated by TriCharity, including TriCharity owned websites and websites that we run on third party social media sites such as Facebook (eg. Facebook fan page).
- TriCharity mobile sites/apps – any consumer-directed mobile sites or applications operated by TriCharity, including our smartphone apps (eg. iPhone and Android apps).
- TriCharity text messaging programs – any consumer-directed text messaging programs operated by TriCharity which may be advertised on one of our websites or applications or in a print ad.
- Hardcopy forms – including hardcopy entry forms, donation forms or competition entry forms that we may collect from individuals at events, via post, or other shows.
- Call centre – any personal information that we may collect from members/supporters through our call centre, for example if you call us with a question or comment or to sign up for marketing communications over the phone.
- Social media sites – any personal information that we may collect when you interact with third party social media features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated in our sites or applications. If you use these features, we may have the ability to obtain certain information about you from your social media profile.
- Data from third parties – Although TriCharity generally only collects personal information directly from individuals, we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as third party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our existing members/supporters, from our supported charities, or from third parties with whom we may occasionally partner with to run promotions and special offers.
KINDS OF INFORMATION HELD BY TRICHARITY
TriCharity only collects personal information that is necessary for one or more of its operating functions. We may combine personal information that we collect via one method (eg. a website) with personal information that we collect via another method (eg. at an event). We do this to get a more complete view of our members and supporters, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and with greater customisation. Personal information collected includes the following:
- Personal contact information – any information that would allow us to personally contact you, such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number or email address.
- Account login information – any information that is required for you to establish a unique account with us or for us to give you access to your specific account profile.
- Demographic information – any information that describes your demographic or psychographic characteristics, such as your date of birth, age, gender, geographic location (e.g., postcode, city and/or state, mobile location), hobbies and interests, and lifestyle information. In addition, we may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to help us understand how user activity varies based on these factors. Importantly, we do not combine the anonymous information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
- Technical computer information – any information about a computer system or other technological device that you may be using to access one of our websites or applications.
- Website usage information – any information about how you use and navigate our websites and applications, including which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar information and statistics about your interactions with an TriCharity website or application (eg. date and time of visit, which site you came from, site activities, etc.). We may also use Google Analytics features (including Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impressions Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) on our website, which uses both first party and third party cookies to record standard internet traffic information. We, and some third parties (including Google), also use the information to optimise ad selection for groups of individuals based on age, gender, interests and past visits to our site. The cookies allow us and other third parties (including Google) to evaluate your interactions with ad services on our site and serve targeted advertising on sites across the Internet. We have enabled Google Analytics for Display Advertising which allows Google and other third parties to advertise to you on our site and across the Internet. We also use (along with third parties including Google) first party cookies (such as Google Analytic cookies) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our website.
- Member/sponsor feedback – any information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience with TriCharity, including our supported charities, websites and applications. Examples may include unsolicited comments and suggestions, testimonials, or other questions or feedback related to TriCharity.
- Member/sponsor-generated content – any content that you create and then share with us and perhaps others, by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including third party social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Social media information – any information that is part of your profile on a third party social media (such as Facebook) and that you allow the third party social media to share with us (eg. name, email address, gender, birthday, profile picture and any other information you allow to be shared). We may use this information to match information with a social media for advertising purposes.
YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
Our donations page is hosted by a secure and accredited third party payment gateway. Your credit card details are not stored under any circumstance and this includes cardholder name, card number, expiration date, CVV number (Card Verification Value). The only information collected and retained is the amount of the donation, transaction date, name and contact details as completed on the donation form.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
TriCharity may collect and use your personal information for some or all of the following purposes. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every individual.
Where you have opted-into receiving marketing communications about TriCharity we may collect and use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, special offers and promotions of our brands as follows:
- General marketing communications – to send you communications such as emails, SMS text messages and postal mailings.
- Targeted advertising – to show you marketing communications on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member (such as Facebook), by matching activities or information collected on our websites with those collected on third party sites (ie. data-matching). You can always opt-out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication. You may also visit social media sites where you are a member to explore opt-out options they may provide for targeted advertising. By using Google Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads), you can opt out of various Google features at any time and customise your Google Display Network Ads. Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may still receive administrative communications from us (such as order confirmations, notifications about your account activities). You will also still see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member.
- Account maintenance – We may collect and use your personal information to maintain your accounts/profiles with us, including administering any teams and events associated with your account/profile.
- Member/supporter service – We may collect and use your personal information to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about TriCharity. Customer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and/or online chat features.
- Product and service improvement and customisation – We may collect and use your personal information so we can constantly improve services provided by TriCharity, tailor them to your needs, and come up with new ideas and inform you of any changes to our services.
- Member/supporter engagement – We may collect and use your personal information to get you more actively engaged with services provided by TriCharity (including our websites and applications). This mostly involves the collection, use, and publication of member/supporter-generated content.
- Website improvement and personalisation – We may collect and use your information to improve and personalise your experience on our websites and applications. This is typically done through automated tracking technologies (such as cookies) that collect and remember certain account login information, technical information and website usage information.
- Website viral features (e.g. friend-get-friend) – We may request and use your personal information so you can use website viral features, such as our friend-get-friend features. These features allow you to easily share certain news, donation requests or other content with family and friends and typically requires the collection and use of personal information (such as names and email addresses).
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, surveys) – We may collect and use your personal information for other general purposes, such as to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of our websites and applications and to conduct internal marketing and contact you for marketing research.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TriCharity will not disclose your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this. We may share your personal information with other related companies to TriCharity Ltd. TriCharity may also share your personal information with other third parties, but only in the following circumstances:
- Supported Charities – As TriCharity helps charities fundraise, by nominating your supported charity you are giving TriCharity permission to share your personal information with them. This includes your contact details such as postal address, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Service Providers, Agents and Contractors – We may use third parties, like service providers, agents or contractors to provide support for our operating functions (such as internal operations of our websites and applications, database or website hosting, including cloud infrastructure, handling houses, promotions agencies etc).
- Partners and Joint Promotions – From time to time, we may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our website or application with another company, and, as part of this event, collect and process personal information. Your personal information will only be shared with a third party if you have consented to opt-in to receive information directly from that third party company.
- Legal requirements and business transfers – We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of TriCharity, its members/supporters, or the public.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using TriCharity services or stop using our websites or applications. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with best practice for document and data destruction.
- Third party data security – Where TriCharity does disclose personal information to a third party as specified in “DISCLOSURE” section above, any such third party must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as TriCharity does, and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of TriCharity.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information TriCharity holds about you by contacting the TriCharity Privacy Officer in writing by emailing support@TriCharity.com. If TriCharity cannot provide access to your personal information, it will provide you with the reasons why. Depending on the nature of the request, TriCharity may charge for providing access to your personal information, however such charge will not be excessive.
If the personal information TriCharity holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request that TriCharity correct the information by emailing support@TriCharity.com.
Where available, you can review or update any personal information that we may have collected about you on our website. To do this, please visit www.TriCharity.com and log in.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT AND HOW COMPLAINTS WILL BE HANDLED
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal information by TriCharity, please contact the TriCharity Privacy Officer at support@TriCharity.com.
It is TriCharity’s policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. On making a privacy complaint to TriCharity, you will receive an acknowledgment letter or email within 5 working days. This communication will set out the name of the person responsible for handling your complaint and the expected response time to the complaint. TriCharity endeavours to make a decision on all written complaints within 20 working days after a complaint is received. If we need more time to respond to your complaint we will notify you as to the delay, the reasons for it and seek your agreement to a longer period.
TriCharity Ltd (ABN: 44608029714)
Unit 1, 314 Norton St, Leichhardt 2040 NSW, Australia