To become a charity partner you would be required to provide the following:
Receipting purposes (required):
- Logo (400 x 400px)
- ABN and account details
- Address and contact details
- One copy line message of thanks (to appear on the donation tax receipt)
Donation purposes (optional)
- Suggested dollar handle amounts
- Dollar handle emotive images
Content purposes (required)
- Information about the charity for display on the charity profile page (e.g about the organisation and the great work you do, inspirational stories, fundraising tips, etc)
There is no competition as such to be selected as the charity of choice. It really comes down to the competitors and their emotional connection to a particular cause.
However, when an event has preferred charities associated with it, these will be highlighted on our platform for that particular event. Be that as it may, competitors are still able to choose to raise funds for any of our partner charities over the associated event preferences.
In general, the charity is selected for a one off event. The competitors can choose to continue raising for the same charity for all their events. It is at their discretion.
However, competitor profiles can be updated in the CRM with the charities they indicate they have an interest in and be updated with notifications of pertinent information e.g. Information on the multi-sport events their preferred charities have a strong association with etc.
Presently, we are waiting for our DGR status, but they will be tax deductible through the website. We will receipt the donation and reconcile funds at the end of the month back to the charities.
We are not-for-profit. What we charge gets funnelled back into charitable projects, not company profits. We are also focused on those participants taking on triathlon and multi-sport events, so quite a specific targeted community.
Our overall fee is 5.5% which includes all payment and credit card fees. If someone donates $100 you get $94.50.
We have full CRM capability with social media plugins as well. This is managed by TriCharity. Our system works social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
We can integrate into Salesforce, however it is not currently automated. You would have to give us IDs of data and we would plug that into our admin enabling data to correlate with your Salesforce setup. This we consider a special feature however and you would be charged for it, as it would come at a cost to us from our platform provider.
The details for the costs:
- No setup fees
- Our overall fee is 5.5% which includes all payment and credit card fees. If someone donates $100 you get $94.50.
- No ongoing costs
- a title (event name), (i.e. Hell of the West)
- the town or city where it is and the state (i.e. Sydney, NSW),
- event date and time (i.e. February 14, 2016),
- event website, (i.e. www.hellofthewest.com.au)
- short description of the event,
- long description,
- event logo (any size image)
- a large image (ideally 400x400px) from the event - so it symbolises people doing the event.
There is currently no contract or terms and conditions. TriCharity will look to develop these with our key partners.